2. Use of Data
3. Website Usage
4. Our Services
7. Intellectual Property
8. Third Parties
11. Contacts and Communications
12. Updating and Terminating Information
1.2 Definitions and terms used on this website are as follows:
1.2.1 Users are classed as all visitors using vieews.com and viewing/using information whether registered or not.
1.2.2 Listings are postings made by Users of the website, these may be businesses, products, services, buy requests and contacts between users
1.2.3 Website is vieews.com and its affiliates
1.2.4 Services by vieews.com are offered to users of the website
1.2.5 Buyers are users who visit the website to find sellers/suppliers for the intent of making a purchase
1.2.6 Sellers/Suppliers are users who visit the website to find buyers for the intent of making a sale
2. Use of Data
2.1 We comply with Data Protection Act 1998
3. Website Usage
3.2 With the exception of the social media share buttons on the website, Users may not copy, transmit, display or publish information from this website without express approval from us.
3.3 Users are not allowed to use the website or any linked database with use of data scraping or harvesting automated systems
3.4 Our website is accessible through internet or mobile devices and latest browsers however note that older devices and browsers may not show same quality of information. Users are strongly advised to use the latest browsers to get the best of the website features.
3.6 Users will be held responsible for damages caused to our website through users’ links or spam or other info posted through the website.
3.7 Users shall use the website for the intent which it was designed for. Any users found to be engaged in scams, spam information, payment frauds, lottery scams and any related activities will be banned from the website.
3.8 We are not responsible for any losses to users as a result of making payments or providing services to other users met through the website.
4. Our Services
4.1 Primary services offered via vieews.com are Basic Listing and Premium Listing for Sellers and Buyer Requests for Buyers. We reserve the right to add or remove services at any point. We will endeavour to fulfil the terms of all open agreements where possible.
4.2 Services offered can be found around the vieews.com navigation and site map as well as in your account section. If other services are required, please contact us for options to support your requirements.
4.3 We will endeavour to ensure the website is available at all times without interruptions. However, some features may require updates or redesign and we will not take any liabilities for any consequences for any website interruptions deemed relevant to the upkeep of the website.
4.4 The ‘About’ and ‘How it works’ pages provide overview of vieews.com. We cannot guarantee success of our services in serving your needs and we advise you to ensure precautions in place to avoid losses to you.
5.1 All business, products, services and requests listed on this website are listed by website users. Vieews.com does not guarantee or take responsibility for the accuracy of listings, losses or the quality of services/products provided by users of the website. All users are advised to verify information themselves are required for the transactional circumstances.
5.2 All sellers/businesses/products must be either made in Africa or available to Africa. This platform primarily aims to connect local and global Buyers with the business environment in Africa. Products not fitting this profile may be removed.
5.3 All users intending to list their businesses or products/services are advised to review the ‘Listing Policy’ (subject to regular updates), prior to listing any items on the website to avoid issues with listing being declined or user account being banned.
Listing Policy on vieews.com
We encourage use of vieews to showcase your products and business responsibly while ensuring the integrity of the website.
Alongside any local, national or international laws applicable to your country of origin, the following category listings are banned on this website:
- Replica and counterfeit products
- Listings from minors
- Tools and information promoting terrorism
- Sales of human beings or human organs
- Multi-level/pyramid marketing schemes
- Ammunition and firearms equipment listings are subject to provision of authorised/legal certificates required to deal in such goods
- Abusive or threatening products
- Illegal/plagiarised copies of labels, software, musical/audio, storage, brandings, books and other related violating copyrights.
- Prostitution or any other related sexual solicitation service in the nature
- Products or tools designed or intended to spam others
- Endangered animal or plant products
- Illegal drugs/narcotics
- Religious/Secular/Sensitive informational products that may cause offence to others
- Production of fake identity or other documentation
- Sale of financial products against relevant legal regulations
Users whose listings violate the above will be subject to penalties such as having access blocked to site, and if required, further legal actions may be pursued as relevant.
The above list will be updated frequently to keep in line with any new legal requirements and developments.
5.4 We review all listings periodically for suitability on the website to ensure listings meet with minimal guidelines with no potentially illegal or discriminatory information published on the website. However, if you find any inappropriate listings; please contact us with relevant information and links. We will endeavour to action any listings deemed unsuitable as soon as possible.
5.5 Users are advised to be familiar with online trading safety tips as well as undertaking individual extra precautions to avoid losses. We will not be responsible for any losses to users as a consequence of any transaction.
5.6 We reserve the right to use the information you have provided to meet your service requirements such as references in our marketing campaigns
6.1 Payments made to vieews.com are strictly for services offered by vieews.com such as premium/featured options. Vieews.com does not collect payments on behalf of Buyers and/or Sellers for other listings on the website
6.2 Users trading with other users on the website are hereby advised to take due diligence and precautions prior to transacting with other users.
6.3 We utilise third party payment providers such as PayPal or similar and will never require you to enter payment information on vieews.com. Please report anyone asking you to input your confidential payment information on this website.
6.4 Any pricing listed on the website can be revised at any time. Discounts of price breaks that are offered to individual customers only should not be disclosed to other users.
6.5 If you have paid for a premium feature, services will commence upon our acknowledgement of receipt of payment.
6.5.1 Listings last for minimum of 1 year once approved
7. Intellectual Property
7.1 All contents of this website pertaining to the trade secrets and intellectual property remain the property of vieews.com and its owners protected under worldwide copyright laws.
7.2 Users are not allowed to adapt or use any information owned by vieews.com and its affiliates.
7.3 We may use information provided by users to fulfil contractual or other obligations to you for services you require.
7.4 We cannot guarantee or verify intellectual property rights of users or information posted by users. We welcome any feedback on any copyright infringement and we will act accordingly to ensure ownership of intellectual properties are protected.
7.5 We will accept no responsibilities or be liable for losses/adverse outcomes to users using this website information for their purposes.
8. Third Parties
8.1 We may use third parties to support our service offerings and ensure that all parties comply to our usage and privacy policies.
9.2 The data collected on the website is predominantly linked to business or product information. We will not require information such as date of birth, credit/payment information.
9.3 We will not send emails requesting personal information from you. All account information can be managed from the account section of your website. If you are in receipt of email from us requesting personal information, please flag such emails to us using our contact form.
10.1 We hope you will be satisfied with the services offered, however we do not guarantee you, as a Seller/Supplier, will find a Buyer and any increased business or profits, or Buyers will find Sellers/Suppliers. However, we do our best to advertise with quality mediums to acquire good user database at all times.
10.2 We do not personally verify businesses or products or services or buyer requests added on the website, we endeavour to review all listings to ensure they are in line with website’s listing policies.
10.3 Vieews.com will offer no guarantees to any loss arising from use of information found on the website or linked sites.
10.4 We cannot always guarantee the continuity of our operations at all times but will do our best to communicate any expected or unexpected system downtime.
11. Contacts and Communications
11.1 Contact between users may be made using the relevant ‘contact’ button on business, product, service or buyer request listings.
11.2 Users are advised to share relevant information pertaining to the business transaction and limit the use of Personal data considered to be inadequate, irrelevant or excessive in relation to the purpose of the transaction
11.3 Communications between users and to vieews.com representatives should be fair and professional at all times to preserve the reputation of our website and enhance user experience. Vieews.com is not responsible for any issues between users as a result of communication issues on the website. You can report users found to be abusive or similar to us for follow up actions.
11.4 Vieews.com may be contacted using contact forms listed on the website. We are only currently available through online contacts.
11.5 Vieews.com part of a limited company registered in the United Kingdom. Please contact us for more information where required.
12. Updating and Terminating Information
12.1 To close your account, please contact us and we will close your account as soon as possible.
12.2 Users are advised to ensure their listings are as accurate and up to date as possible. User account provides the option to delete information for listing of products, businesses and buy requests.
INFORMATION AND ITS USE
THIRD PARTY USAGE
CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
(August 29th, 2016 – last updated)
INFORMATION AND ITS USE
As part of the registration process, you may be asked to enter your personal details such as your name, email address, business name, business address, business email, business phone number, business sales information and other relevant details required to complete the membership process to support the services we will provide to you. Your listing is publicly available to users of this website.
We will never collect information that is not considered to be relevant to the type of services offered such as date of birth, bank information, sensitive payment information and other confidential data.
Information will generally be collected as part of the registration process, when a service is requested by you, use contact forms, when you subscribe to alerts, complete survey, or enter your information voluntarily on various parts of the site.
The information you enter may be used in the following ways:
• To personalise your site experience and/or allow us to deliver content and product offerings which may be of interest to you.
• To improve our website features to enhance users’ experience.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your service requests and transactions.
• To send periodic email notifications regarding your order or other relevant products/services.
• To enable contact between members of our website as stipulated within our terms of services.
We will do our best to protect the information of members and visitors to our site by use of use regular Malware Scanning or similar tools.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks/firewalls and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider such as PayPal and your banking/payment information will not be requested or stored or processed on our servers.
Information such as telephone and email are hidden to prevent junk or spam messages not relevant to service requested. Only contact forms can be used to make contact by registered users.
Cookies are used on this website, and might include 3rd party vendor cookies.
• Help remember and process the items you have viewed previously.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile comprehensive data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services, such as google, that track this information on our behalf.
You are able to manage behaviour of cookies using your browser settings to e.g. warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features may be disabled; however, it will not affect the overall user experience or ability to carry out interactions/transactions.
A cookie usage notification will appear on the site the first time you visit the site to notify you of our cookie usage on the site. We do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Users may adjust their Google cookies settings here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
THIRD PARTY USAGE
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice or you give permission for us to do so. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as part of Vieews.com supply contract. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable generic visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We do not specifically market to children under 16.
By registering on this website, you are giving consent to the use of your personal or business information as set forth in the terms and conditions of the site.
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
• By emailing us
• From their account profile/dashboard
We aim to guarantee the privacy of data on our site and should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email or other site posting within 7 business days
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click on link in message or contact us and we will promptly remove your email from ALL correspondence.
BREAKING NEWS: Biggest News In Africa Right Now -Ed 9 Update
Presenting a roundup of the biggest news across Africa this past week, catch last week’s biggest news edition 8, in case you missed it.
In this week’s edition #9;
1. Cameroon Conflict Updates:
- Shocking footage emerges of Cameroonian soldiers executing blindfolded women, and children in cold blood, after accusing them of being part of terrorist group, Boko Haram. The Cameroonian government was quick to deny any military involvement but are said to have launched an investigation after the video goes viral and Amnesty Internal says they have more proof the video is not fake.
- Meanwhile the current President of Cameroon, 85-year-old Paul Biya, announced his intention to run for presidency in the October 2018 upcoming Presidential elections. If he wins, this will be his seventh term in power.
- Cameroon’s Defence Minister, Joseph Beti Assomo’s convoy was said to have been ambushed by Separatists in Anglophone region, with 10 dead in the attack.
Img Src: Paul Biya Twitter.
2. Migrant Crisis update:
- After the deal with Libya to expand rescue missions, Italy allegedly accused some migrants of threatening hijack of a rescue ship to prevent the ship from returning to Libya. The ship was said to be carrying 67 migrants, resulted in a tug of war.
- Img: News updates.
- While Italy and Malta are said to be debating who is responsible for rescuing another 450 migrants ‘crowded aboard a fishing boat in the Mediterranean’.
- Another 104 undocumented migrants of mixed African nationalities have also been rescued off Libyan Eastern coast.
- In the past week, 63 migrants have disappeared, 41 rescued and another 170 potentially missing in the Mediterranean Sea.
- A new region to carry out rescue mission was expanded by Libya; previously no official rescue areas were said to be managed by Libya. This new region formalizes Libya’s responsibility to the rescue of Migrants instead of leaving it up to NGOs and Italians to rescue migrants stuck at sea. Meanwhile Italy gives more ships to Libya to carry out rescue missions and increase their rescue missions to prevent illegal immigration.
- After the increasing public outcry on Algeria forcing migrants into the Sahara under tough conditions, Algeria is said to have stopped expelling migrants into the Sahara.
3. Sports roundup
- Under 20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers underway for 2019 (Google image).
- Former Nigeria star Emmanuel Amunike has called on focus to be on developing African youth development to improve their football performance on the world stage as none of the African teams made it past the group stage round.
- Liverpool stars, Egyptian Mo Salah and Senegalese Sadio Mane, are confirmed to be joining Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States
- Fears that Mo Salah would quit the Egyptian national football team due to fears he was used as a political pawn after picture with controversial Chechnya warlord Ramzam Kadyrov surfaced. Ramzam Kadyrov further awarded honorary citizenship to Mo Salah. The Egyptian Football Association has now dismissed fears of Mo Salah quitting the national team due to this controversy.
4. Politics and Conflicts:
- 20 Canadian Police leave for peace-keeping mission in troubled Mali as they head to the polls at the end of July.
- Bill proposed to extend South Sudanese President, Salva Kiir’s tenure to 2021; the opposition has rejected this extension.
- While the UN imposes arms embargo on South Sudan, in attempts to stop the violence that has gripped the country since 2013, as the peace process continues for long term resolution.
- In a historic moment, Eritrea’s President Isaias Afwerki visits Ethiopia for the first time in over 20 years since the border war broke out between the two countries in 1998. Relations between the two countries is said to be gradually improving again.
- Img src: African news.
- Democratic Republic of Congo on Wednesday accused Ugandan forces of shooting dead 12 Congolese fishermen last week over border dispute, the claim has been denied by the Ugandan military. In further escalating tensions, 92 Congolese fishermen have since been ‘imprisoned’ by Uganda claims Congolese officials, with 20 fishing boats and 15 engines seized.
- The Presidential palace of Somalia came under an attempted al-Shabab attack in the capital Mogadishu. Six people, including the suicide bomber, died because of the car explosion when the car was shot by police.
- Img src: Villa Somalia Facebook.
- Another incident of al-Shabab was also noted earlier in the week in two separate car bombs, after the fighters stormed the ministry of the interior and national security. At least 10 people were reportedly killed in the incident.
- After reports of torture of prisoners, Ethiopia’s Somali region had freed the political prisoners from Ogaden jail.
- Reports of barbaric violence emerge from DR Congo where villages are ‘reduced to ash’
- DR Congo politician, Jean Pierre Bemba who had his war crimes conviction overturned by the International Criminal Courts (ICC) few weeks ago, was nominated by his party, The Movement for the Liberation of Congo, for the next presidential candidate in the December 2018 upcoming presidential elections.
5. Who is heading to the election polls in Africa à move down
- Nigeria heads to the polls soon in 2019; calls were made for citizens to get their Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) cards, however common complaint remains who will they vote for? Issues have come up with difficulties reported to acquire the voter’s card. Some branded voter’s card appeared online on Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce website.
- Mali heads to the poll in July 29th, campaigns have kicked off amid tensions potential violence linked to al-Qaeda-linked jihadists. The government said voter cards have been distributed to 40 percent of voters, two weeks before election day.
- Madagascar is scheduled to hold first round of presidential election in November, 2018, and second round in December 2018, according to the Prime Minister.
- Despite controversy and blast over the last week, Zimbabwe heads to polls with barely 30 days to go, anticipation is high as it is the first election since the exist of Mugabe in 2017.
- Algerians will head to the polls in April 2019 to elect a new president and is not without controversy.
- Cameroonian Elections are set to hold on 7th of October 2018; current president Paul Biya announced his intent to run in the election.
Img Src: Paul Biya Twitter.
- DR congo heads to the polls in December 2018.
6. Duduzane Zuma, son of former South African President was briefly detained while returning to South Africa to attend the funeral of his brother Vusi Zuma who died last week. The arrest was said to be linked to previous charges filed for culpable homicide case in a 2014 car crash. He has had to hand over his passport to prevent him fleeing the country.
As the week progressed, he also appeared in Specialised commercial crimes court for an alleged bribery offence.
He is out on paid, on bail amount of R100,000 with the case postponed to January 24 2019.
He was also put in shackles which resulted in public outcry that he willingly came to court and should not have been chained.
7. Eight severely endangered black rhinos die mysteriously during a translocation attempt in Kenya. The new location of the rhinos was part of a project to increase the number of the black rhinos in the next few years by moving them to a better environment. The translocation project has now been put to a stop for further investigations as a total of 14 rhinos were supposed to be moved.
8. The president of Nigeria, Muhammdu Buhari commissioned phase one of the $824 million Abuja Light Rail line. The project was done with China as part of enhancing the public infrastructure with the Abuja Rail Mass Transit System to be integrated on a national level with the National Rail Network.
9. Ugandan Government went ahead with the planned social media tax going into force with mobile telecoms provider on July 1st. Ugandans have been protesting with #ThisTaxMustGo, #NoToSocialMediaTax ;while activists have also sued the government.
10. One of the world’s largest telescope and Africa’s largest radio telescope, MeerKAT, from Carnarvon, South Africa, was inaugurated. This development is a great one for astronomy for future discoveries in exploring the universe.
Img src: observation from telescope via SKA Africa.
11. Angola’s wealth fund was said to have been probed as part of money laundering suspicions by the Swiss authorities and funds were blocked during the probe. Some $60mil of the seized funds of about $210mil frozen has now been unblocked as this initial sum was said to not have been misappropriated. The investigations for the remainder of the funds are still ongoing.
12. Former United States’ President Barack Obama heads to Kenya & South Africa for his first visit as a private citizen. He was supposed to travel with Oprah to both countries but Oprah will instead meet him in South Africa.
Prior to the Africa visit, the former President released his summer reading list with 5 out of the 6 books by African authors.
The trip to South Africa is in line with Nelson Mandela’s 100th anniversary of Mandela’s birth. The Obama Foundation “will convene 200 extraordinary young leaders from across the continent” and a speech by Obama.
13. Some 50 Nigerians were apparently stranded in Russia after Fraudsters sold them “Soccer World Cup fan passes to travel to Russia” and forced to sleep outside the Nigerian embassy building in Russia. Russia’s Foreign Ministry was said to have told anyone stuck to go to their national embassy for help on returning home.
The Lagos state Governor, Ambode, has stepped in and supported the return of the stranded nationals.
14. Sudanese teen, Noura Hussein, facing public threats of death, was jailed for killing ‘rapist’ husband appeals for ‘unconditional freedom’ after she had the death sentence overturned. She was ordered to pay 1.8 mil (about $18,000 USD) to the family of the dead husband and serve five years in jail. She continues to fight for her freedom, gaining worldwide attention from the likes of Grammy nominee, Jidenna and activist hashtag #JusticeForNoura used to call attention to the issue.
15. UK-based independent oil and gas company, Savannah Petroleum, has made several third oil discoveries in Niger. The latest discovery is the third discovery made in a series of exploratory activities in the region.
16. Nelson Mandela would have been 100 years old on the 18th of July 2018; his centenary, also known as Nelson Mandela Day in South Africa. Several notable celebrations are planned to commemorate this day:
- New collection of currency notes and coins depicting the life of Nelson Mandela are being launched in South Africa to mark this milestone
- Former POTUS Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey will be visiting South Africa; the16th Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture will be delivered by the President.
- Global Citizen Festival heads to South Africa on Dec 2nd to honor “the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela”, with heavyweight global music stars from the likes of Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Femi Kuti and many more.
17. On Ebola watch, the DR Congo health officials completed Ebola surveillance, with no new cases reported, which is good news for the region.
Remember to stay tuned for next edition of Africa’s big news round up
Obsessing over African businesses and entrepreneurs, join our obsession… subscribe below for updates to new African business inspirational blog posts.
Want us to blog about your African businesses? Tell us your story here
Follow us on social media to stay tuned to the latest African business and fashion trends from the following handles:
• Instagram: @officialvieews
• Facebook: @officialvieews
• Twitter: @officialvieews
||Photography lessons needed in Zimbabwe...20-Aug
||BEADS AND TRIBAL JEWELLERY...30-Nov
||African woven baskets required for home goods...30-Jul
Like Views on Facebook
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Error: (#10) This endpoint requires the 'manage_pages' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature. Refer to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/login-permissions#manage-pages and https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review/feature#reference-PAGES_ACCESS for details.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference
2017 © Vieews.com All rights reserved