Brought to life by one co-founder’s constant struggle with eczema, Akusi Organics creates natural, vegan, cruelty-free skin care products.
01. When was this business founded and by whom?
➤ It was founded in 2017 by Parvis Swan and Diana Swan.
02. What was the motivation/inspiration for the founding of this business?
➤ Parvis suffered from severe eczema. After years of using OTC ointments, she sought to create her own homemade organic remedies.
03. What advice would you give to others wanting to get into this business?
➤ Solve a problem, don’t just look for profit.
04. Could you tell us a bit about the process for coming up with/creating new products?
➤ New products are driven by feedback, requests, and suggestions from our customers. We rely heavily upon our customers to enable us to improve continuously.
05. How do you use social media?
➤ We create awareness about our products, about upcoming events in which we are participating, communicate offers and new products, we occasionally highlight other women entrepreneurs, and we also seek feedback through our socials.
06. There is a jungle of skin care products out there, tell us why people should buy your products?
➤ Our products are made with sensitive skin and our fragile environment in mind. We seek to go back to Mother Nature for solutions to skin conditions.
07. What do you love most about doing business in Africa?
➤ Africa is a giant awakening. We have all the resources we need right here. We are slowly harnessing our potential and realizing that we can produce quality Made in Africa, good enough for export.
AKUSI ORGANICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Obsessing over African businesses and entrepreneurs, join our obsession… subscribe below for updates to new African business inspirational blog posts.
Want us to blog about your African businesses? Tell us your story here
Follow us on social media to stay tuned to the latest African business and fashion trends from the following handles:
• Instagram: @officialvieews
• Facebook: @officialvieews
• Twitter: @officialvieews