Kwuba Farms main focus is their large population of healthy catfish, but they also keep poultry and provides training and consultation for setting up your very own fish farm.
1. When was this business founded and by whom?
➤ The business was founded in 2010 by Mr. Solomon Aguba.
2. Who or what inspired you to do what you’re doing now?
➤ The idea of working for myself had always lingered right from childhood, as I had been involved in family businesses like printing press, freight forwarding, etc. My love for catfish farming started when I enrolled in the Nigerian Institute of Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR).
3. Could you tell us a bit about what your business offers in terms of products and services?
➤ Our business offers healthy catfish cultivated in a sustainable environment for human consumption to consumers in Nigeria and the world. When it comes to worldwide trade, some of these buyers smoke the catfish for export.
4. How many people do you employ?
➤ 4 staff.
5. What do you wish you knew before you started your first business?
➤ That would be proper bookkeeping and records.
6. Could you describe a typical day in your workplace?
➤ Extremely demanding.
7. Why will people buy your product (and not something else)?
➤ The catfish are organically grown and the farm is well structured in a clean environment.
8. What do you love most about doing business in Africa?
➤ The opportunities are unlimited.
KWUBA FARMS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Obsessing over African businesses and entrepreneurs, join our obsession… subscribe below for updates to new African business inspirational blog posts.
Want us to blog about your African businesses? Tell us your story here
Follow us on social media to stay tuned to the latest African business and fashion trends from the following handles:
• Instagram: @officialvieews
• Facebook: @officialvieews
• Twitter: @officialvieews